Thursday, February 23, 2006

Poems from my mother

My Mom sent me these poems in January and I was just re-reading them again today and I was so blessed by my mother. Blessed not only by her love for me, but by her vision for my future, by her encouragement in my present, by her faithful friendship to me.

There are so many wonderful things about you, my daughter.
But I think the loveliest thing of all, at least to me,
is that you do the things you do....with love.
You give life a gleam that most people only carry a glimpse of.
Laurel Atherton


She found life interesting and wonderful from the very beginning.
Her positive attitude and friendliness
make her a natural magnet for others;
family and friends know they can count on her
for comfort, support, and a great time.
She has brought me more smiles than anyone else
and fulfilled my life in a way only she can.
Barbara Cage

God grant that I can live up to such high expectations.

No comments: